20 May 2012

Thoughts on Spirit

Sometimes I forget that at the very core of my being, I am a spirit.  I’m not simply this human being on this planet at this particular time–rather, I am a spiritual being here for a limited visit to this planet.  This experience is not the be-all and end-all of who I am.  I have eternal feelings because I’m an eternal being here for an experience in this corporeal form that I’m borrowing for a certain amount of time.

And if this is true (and I’m convinced it is), then it’s important that I not neglect my spirit.  It’s important that I not get so caught up in the non-spiritual things in my life that I make my spirit suffer from a lack of attention and a lack of development.  I need to choose my activities carefully so that I can continue to learn things that will benefit the very core of my being–the spirit that shares in oneness with all the other spirits that are here on this planet with us, in any form that they happen to be in.

It’s also important that I pass on lessons that can be important to those other spirits.  The lessons I teach in a classroom don’t need to be limited to a process or to information–they also can relate to the spirits who are my students.  Perhaps something that I’ve learned in life can help someone else to reach an important point in their existence, and they can learn it only if I pass it on.  There are millions of great people–great spirits–on this planet, and I most certainly can contribute to their well being.

I celebrate my spirit.  I hold it in great regard, for it is exactly I.  There is no difference between the “I” who is sitting at a computer and writing and the spirit who is in touch with the eternal, who is one with all there is.  The only way that spirit is pushed down is through my neglect, through my forgetfulness, and I hope to be much less forgetful and much less neglectful–and much more strongly in touch–with each day that I pass on this beautiful planet that’s been given to us as a wonderful gift to help our development.


Spirit


Whether you know it or not, one of the most important relationships
in your life is with your Soul.  Will you be kind and loving to your Soul,
or will you be harsh and difficult?  Many of us unknowingly damage
our Souls with our negative attitudes and actions or by simple
neglect.  By making the relationship with your Soul an important
part of your life, however, by honoring it in your daily routine,
you give your life greater meaning and substance.  Use your
experiences–all of them–as opportunities to nourish your Soul!
Elisabeth Kuebler-Ross

No comments:

Post a Comment