13 November 2023

A Power We Have--A Paragraph a Day

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.   -Leo Buscaglia


Just a compliment or a kind word--can we really change the world that easily?  Of course we can.  Our lives are intersecting constantly with those of other human beings, and if we want to put more positivity in the world, we always have the opportunity to give something positive to someone else, to share something simple like a kind word that will help them to see the world in more positive ways, to feel better about life and about themselves.  We do have a lot of power to make things better for someone else--no matter how simply we do it or how insignificant it may seem--yet we tend not to take advantage of the chances that we have.  Personally, I know that I don't share those kind touches or those listening ears nearly as often as I could or should, but I do keep on trying.  One of these days I hope to be giving in this way constantly, but until then, I'm going to try to keep reminding myself how important it is and how easy it is to contribute something positive and uplifting to other people in my life.






1 comment:

  1. Your post is a masterpiece of brilliance! Insightful, well-articulated, and truly valuable. Thanks for sharing your perspective.

    ReplyDelete