22 February 2011

Eternity

I love to think of the fact that I'm in the middle of eternity now.  I love to keep in mind that eternity doesn't start tomorrow, and it doesn't start on the day I day--eternity is going on right here, right now, and we're all right in the middle of it.

I am an eternal creature.  I'm not completely sure of the form I'll take when I leave this human form, or where I'll go or what I'll do, but I do know in my heart and with my spirit that I don't end when this body gives out.  And I was around before this body was created for me to grow and live in.  It's a pretty cool thought, and an amazing realization.

When we see life as just the trappings of our humanity, then we see life in a very small way.  We see its limitations, its lackings, its barriers.  When we see life for what it is, though--an amazing opportunity to experience this wonderful planet and the wonderful people all around during our limited time here--then we see the possibility and potential that should define who we are, all the time.

You are an eternal being.  It doesn't really serve you much to see yourself as anything but a marvelous, amazing, eternal creature who's spending time here in your body and your current persona, before moving on to something different, but surely just as amazing.  Do yourself a favor, and treat yourself as the marvelous eternal being that you truly are.  Don't make life small; live the grand and awesome life that you've been given.



Eternity is not something that begins after you're dead.
It is going on all the time.  We are in it now.

Charlotte Perkins Gilman
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment