12 June 2023

Not Happy with Me--A Paragraph a Day

I think my students aren't very happy with me right now.  We have two days left of class, and rather than giving up and showing movies and letting everyone relax, I'm pushing them through a review of everything that we've covered this semester, getting them ready for their final.  Many of their other teachers seem to have given up for the year and are content to ride things out the easy way.  I'm not.  It's more work for me and it's more stress for me, but I figure that I'm not in the classroom to entertain young people or to make life easy for them--rather, I'm there to help them to learn and to grow and even to learn how to learn.  One of the things that I hope they'll be learning over the next couple of days is the ability to review, as well as the importance of reviewing.  It's one thing to study something for a long time, but it's quite another to study it for a long time and then go over it again to make sure that you're not going to forget it.  They aren't mad at me or anything like that, and I think that there are a few of them who are actually glad that it's not all over and that we're continuing to learn as long as we're in the class.  No matter what they feel, though, I know that the best thing for them while they're in my classroom is to learn as long as they can and as much as they can, and I intend to help them to do just that.





No comments:

Post a Comment