15 April 2023

How Quickly Things Change--A Paragraph a Day

A paragraph a day?  Hardly.  This past week has seen no entries on this page at all, mostly because of the death of a very good friend in Germany.  In addition to the news of the death, time has been filled planning flights and hotels and time off from work so that we can attend the funeral.  I've always been one of those people who aren't all that taken by funerals--after all, my friend is gone and she won't know whether I go or not--but I recognize that I'm going to this one because I care about the family who's left behind.  I don't feel that I'm going for the friend who passed away at all, but for my friends in the family.  I don't feel a need for closure through a ceremony because I always did my best to let her know that I cared for her while she was still alive, and because her death wasn't a complete surprise.  But it will be nice to see my friends and offer them my support and compassion, because after all, isn't that what we're here for?  Offering kindness and compassion to others, including those people for whom we care?


I am not going to die.  I'm going home like a shooting star.

Sojourner Truth




1 comment: