19 April 2023

Laughter Is a Great Medicine--A Paragraph a Day

I don't watch television much, but  I do like to watch funny shows.  Not many of them, of course, but I like to laugh, and it's important to me to laugh in order to lower my stress levels.  I find that when I laugh, I feel better about just about everything.  I don't know why, but it does work.  One of the things that I most appreciate are the people who write comedy because when they do it well, it makes my life brighter and more enjoyable.  Life can get difficult and sometimes the stress can build up so it's important that we have some sort of strategy that can help us to lift ourselves up and make ourselves feel better.  A good laugh doesn't cure anything, of course, and it doesn't change situations that are difficult or stressful, but it can give us a sense of perspective and help us to see things in their right place.  If we dwell on stress and problems, they can drag us down.  If we have a way to relieve stress and make ourselves feel better, our problems can't bring us down.  It's not super easy, of course, but having something in your back pocket that can help you deal with life is a wonderful way to help us see the world in positive and productive ways.





No comments:

Post a Comment