22 May 2023

The Songs of Birds--A Paragraph a Day

There are very few things that to me are more pleasant to hear than the songs of birds.  And that seems quite strange, as the birds aren't singing to entertain or impress anyone with their musical ability--they're just doing what they do, and it sounds very nice to most of us.  Of course, you get your crows and ravens that make a less pleasant sound or two, but all in all the songs of birds are a beautiful part of life.  This fact gets me thinking, though, about the people I know.  What about their songs?  Am  listening closely to their songs and appreciating them?  Do they perhaps have songs as beautiful as those of the birds, but I can't hear them because I've pre-judged the people?  Perhaps because I don't expect beautiful songs from everyone, I don't hear many of the songs that could be absolutely wonderful.  I love to hear the birds singing, and perhaps there are many songs from many people that I could love just as much.  I'm going to try to keep my ears open and to hear the songs that so far I've been deaf to, songs that may enrich my life in ways that I can't even imagine now.  The birds do it all the time for me, and maybe it's time that I allow the people all around me to do so also.

No comments:

Post a Comment