16 May 2023

When I Get Impatient--A Paragraph a Day

Sometimes I get more impatient with other people than I'd like to get.  I like to think at times that I'm a little bit patient and a little bit kind, but it's rather easy for me to become impatient when other people do something that I see as mean or rude or even if my students aren't learning as quickly as I'd like them to.  The important thing for me to do at such times is to hold my tongue and not say or do anything that I may regret later.  This is a habit that I've adopted that has made my life much less stressful than it used to be, mostly because I've found out that usually when I get impatient, it's more due to my mood or my mental state than it is to the other person's actions or lack of actions.  By withholding my judgment and not allowing my impatience to cause me to do something stupid, I improve my life, lower my stress level, and create a reality for myself that is much more pleasant than it would be if I allowed my impatience to control me and make me do things I simply shouldn't do.  We have to keep in mind that our emotions are simply that--emotions--and we don't have to create actions that mirror those emotions.  When we're angry, frustrated, angry, or whatever, sometimes the best thing to do is to wait until the feelings pass until we act.




No comments:

Post a Comment