07 May 2023

A Very Long Ten Days--A Paragraph a Day

It's been quiet here for a while.  It's pretty easy to explain--my wife and I needed to fly to Germany for a funeral of a very dear friend, and between preparations, the actual travel (with time change and being very busy), and recovery (including catching up on work that I missed), our time has been a bit short for the last ten days or so.  And that's okay--a paragraph a day is simply a goal for something that isn't going to affect anyone drastically if it isn't met.  I love doing the writing and the thinking involved with it, but it's important to remember that sometimes life is going to change itself up rather dramatically and force us to do something else than that which we've planned.  Though we would like to be consistent and though we would like life to unfold in completely predictable ways, it's not going to happen like that.  And it would have been a bit silly of me to try to fit in these paragraphs over the last ten days, for there was simply too much else going on that needed my attention.  And that's okay.  The funeral is over and we're at home and life is getting back into a bit of a groove, so there's plenty of time now (for the time being, at least) for doing the things that got pushed to the side.  In the Tao Te Ching, there's a strong focus on letting the Tao lead us through life rather than trying to be at the controls, and I do respect that perspective.  So I'm going to try to follow life's lead and do the things that life calls me to do, even if it means putting aside something that I do feel is rather important.  Life knows better than I do, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment