25 October 2023

Karma--A Paragraph a Day

Every action of our lives touches on some chord that will vibrate in eternity.

Edwin Hubbel Chapin


It's hard sometimes to remind myself of this fact.  It's easy to forget the importance of our actions--each and every one of them.  And I think that our unwillingness to act is in itself an action, or at least a decision, that will reverberate in our lives for a very long time.  If I speak kind words to my wife today, I'm adding to the positive energy of the world, for sure.  If I think about saying something kind and I decide not to do so, what kind of effect will that have on my life?  We know the effects of neglect on young people, of course, and we know the effects of neglect on spouses and other people that we care for.  But is the decision to not say something that could be positive something that affects our karma, something that affects the world in which we live, even if in the slightest of ways?  I think that if I think of an action that will be positive for me or for anyone else, it's important to follow through with it and add that positivity to the world, and add that positive karma to my own life.  We get only one life, and I think that if I have the goal of making it as positive as I can, then I can only be sure of positivity by taking my own actions rather than waiting for something positive to come from some other source.





No comments:

Post a Comment