16 October 2023

Taking Care of Myself, part two--A Paragraph a Day

Taking a hot bath is a wonderfully relaxing thing for me to do, but when I add music with positive, love-filled music, it gets even better.  In the tub yesterday evening, I heard songs that are peaceful and inspiring and uplifting.  I try to find all of the uplifting music I can that's good, that's pleasant to listen to.  Some of it is upbeat and energetic, and that's not the kind of music that helps me to relax in the tub so I listen to it at other times.  Music is one of the most important parts of my life, and I've finally figured out why--our family moved rather constantly when I was young, and the music on the radio was the only constant that I had other than my family members, and we were quite dysfunctional.  But when we moved from San Diego to Norfolk, for example, the songs that I had been listening to in California were the same ones that were playing in Virginia when we got there, and I was able to feel a sense of stability and connection.  I had left behind all my friends and everything else that was familiar to me, but at least I had the songs.  And now that I have a collection of songs that help me to think of the beauty and wonder of life, I'm able to listen to them when I need to fill my mind with something positive.  Try listening to Dolly Parton's "Everything Is Beautiful" sometime and see whether or not you feel just a little bit better when the song is through.  Kelley Hunt's "Miracle" is another one that I can listen to often, as is Alison Krauss' "Simple Love."  We need to fill our minds with as much positivity as possible if we want to live positive lives, and music can be a wonderful way to do just that.






No comments:

Post a Comment