13 October 2023

Kind Today--A Paragraph a Day

I'm going to try to be extra kind today.  It's not always easy for me to do because I teach at a high school and some of the young people there do some really crappy things, but for today I'm going to try to focus on kindness no matter what.  I try to do this as much as I can, anyway, but I so often get distracted from the goal that I forget kindness and focus on whatever I get caught up in, whatever it may be.  I can be kind in many ways--I can share kind words, I can give small gifts (chocolate comes to mind), I can help someone with some task that they need help with, I can clean up a mess that needs to be cleaned, I can simply be there for someone who needs someone else to listen.  Being kind doesn't mean that I have to spend tons of money or that I have to go far out of my way to do something that I'm uncomfortable doing.  It doesn't mean that I have to be friends with someone whom I find to be very unpleasant or rude.  It doesn't mean that I have to do anything that I think is wrong.  It simply means that I need to be kind instead of impatient, kind instead of neutral, kind instead of aloof.  It really is fairly easy to be kind--the hard part for me is reminding myself constantly that my main goal should be kindness if I really do want to be contributing something positive to this world of ours.





No comments:

Post a Comment