15 October 2023

Taking Care of Myself--A Paragraph a Day

Two of the ways that I try to make sure that I'm taking care of myself are good songs and hot bubble baths.  Often, they run together when I'm listening to good songs while taking a hot bubble bath.  The baths are incredibly relaxing, and they give me a chance to escape from the day and spend some quality time with myself in an extremely comfortable environment, which I appreciate a great deal more when I keep in mind that millions of people on this planet don't even have running water.  But not only do I have running water, but I have the ability to control its temperature by adjusting a handle, making the water just the right temperature for me.  Baths are incredible because they force me to stop what I'm doing for a certain amount of time in order to sit in warm--almost hot--water that soothes my body and my nerves.  They've been even better this year since I installed the most comfortable tub I've ever been in--another great thing that I certainly don't take for granted.  Sometimes I get so caught up in things that I almost have to force myself to stop doing what I'm doing and take a block of time for a bath, and I've never regretted it.  My baths are truly nice experiences--I even turn out the lights and turn on a dim electric candle light so the atmosphere will be even more relaxing, and I play music that I know is positive and uplifting.  I'll tell you about that tomorrow, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment