29 January 2023

Learning Something New--A Paragraph a Day

So far, I'm failing pretty miserably at posting a paragraph a day here.  That's okay, of course--the world will keep spinning and moving through the solar system whether I write a paragraph or not--but it is a good lesson for me.  I'm learning just how easy it is for me to get caught up in day-to-day life and forget to do something like a paragraph online, whether I made that promise to myself or not.  I'm also seeing very clearly just how quickly quite a few days can pass.  It doesn't seem possible that my last paragraph was four days ago, yet that's the truth of the matter.  It helps me to gain a sense of perspective, and to sympathize with other people who are having a hard time meeting deadlines or getting things done on time--especially my students.  Personally, I've always been pretty good at making sure that things get done and at meeting deadlines, and it's kind of surprising to me to see my performance at this particular task.  But now I get to see if I'm actually learning anything or not.  Will February be just like January, or will I be able to do better at fulfilling this resolution?  Will I take something from these lessons and do better and treat other people with more compassion because of what I'm learning from my experience?  Here's hoping that even though I certainly have NOT written a paragraph a day despite making a resolution to do so, I'll get something from this experience that will help me to become a better and more compassionate human being.  We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment