25 January 2023

At the End of the Day--A Paragraph a Day

Each of my days on this planet has ended.  I haven't always ended each day by going to sleep, but the days themselves have gone away to be replaced by a new day.  And when the days have ended, I usually don't do much reflection on the day that has passed.  I don't ask myself how I did, how I treated people, how I treated myself.  Sometimes I think I should, though.  I think that at the end of some days I really should just stop for a few moments and ask myself how I did what I did, not as a matter of judging myself, but as a matter of figuring out whether or not I gave it my all, whether or not I gave other people--especially my students--my all.    And if I didn't, I wouldn't want to be mad at myself; rather, I would just want to figure out how to do it right (or maybe just a bit better) the next day.  Not every day has to be perfect, and not every day has to be wonderful, but I do think that if I want to work towards being even slightly enlightened, if I want to reach the end of my life and be happy with the man that I've become, then it's important that I reflect and consider just what I'm doing to help myself to become--or keep myself from becoming, the best version of myself that I can be.






No comments:

Post a Comment