20 January 2023

Weather-- A Paragraph a Day

It always fascinates me to hear people say something about "bad" weather.  Somehow, any weather that we can't go out in without a coat or an umbrella is "bad," whereas good weather is that which allows us to go outside in shorts and a t-shirt.  Or something like that.  Whenever I hear anyone way that the weather is bad because it's raining or snowing or cold, I say, "I love rainy days."  Not to be contrary, but because I really do love those days that other people call bad.  A rainy day or a snowy day is a day full of personality, a day that gets me in the mood to go home and get cozy and sit on the couch with a throw over me and a cup of hot chocolate or tea or coffee and a good book.  Often when the weather is "good," I get antsy and I want to go outside, which is of course quite fine, but it's just not the same as sitting and reading while the rain comes down outside.  We're fortunate to live in a society in which most people have protection from the elements, and "bad" weather days become nicer for that fact.  Sometimes I think that with as many nice moments as the rain and snow have given me, they deserve to have someone stick up for them.  So I try to do so.








No comments:

Post a Comment