11 January 2023

Other People's Talent--A Paragraph a Day

I don't know where we would be in this world without other people's talents.  We wouldn't have most of the necessities that we enjoy regularly, such as food that stays fresh for long periods of time, refrigerators to keep our food safe, cars to get us places we wouldn't be able to go otherwise--the list is pretty much endless, I believe.  The truth of the matter is that we owe so much to other people who have walked on this planet before us that we'll probably never fathom the depth of our indebtedness.  So to pay back that debt, I figure that I'm going to appreciate everything that I have, as consciously as I can.  I'm not going to take anything for granted if I can help it, and I'm going to feel and show my thankfulness as much as I can.  We don't walk this world alone, and we accomplish almost nothing without the input of other people who have invented that hammer that we use to build with, that shovel that we dig with, and so much more.  Just how appreciative should we be?  I think that it's quite obvious, to be honest.  Appreciation should be one of our highest priorities in life if we're to live fully and enjoy life and all that it offers as much as we can.






No comments:

Post a Comment