07 March 2023

Cold Winter Days--A Paragraph a Day

Winter, a lingering season, is a time to gather golden moments,
embark upon a sentimental journey, and enjoy every idle hour.

John Boswell


I like to be active, and I like to be doing something.  I don't feel terribly stressed if I'm not, but it's just what I like to do, and how I like to be.  So when I finish work in the afternoon and I come home and the cold winter weather forces me to stay inside, not doing what I might have liked to do, it can be kind of frustrating.  Over the course of time, though, I've learned to accept these days for exactly what they are--they're kind of a gift, an opportunity for me to relax and to enjoy an afternoon that I probably wouldn't have enjoyed otherwise because it's simply too cold and windy and raw and bitter out.  It used to be that I might even have felt a bit of guilt for not going outside to get something done, but I'm past that now.  I can now simply enjoy the down time, the quiet time, the rest and relaxation.  I don't always need to be doing something and accomplishing something, and sometimes a nice quiet afternoon on the couch can be the best thing for me, especially when it's cold and windy outside and the house is nice and cozy and comfy.  I'm very fortunate to have a home that I love, where I feel comfortable and where I can enjoy such a day in warmth and comfort and coziness.  It really is an amazing blessing.





No comments:

Post a Comment