08 March 2023

Tired Shouldn't Always Win Out--A Paragraph a Day

I get tired a lot, I believe mostly because I try to put everything I can into everything I do (or at least, into those things that are worth my all).  Sometimes in the evening, it's all I can do to keep my eyes open while I'm watching some sort of show (I usually watch about an hour of something each evening).  I've come to learn, though, that the tiredness isn't so strong when I change up what I do--if I go for a walk, I find new energy and alertness; if I go out to the shop and start puttering, I don't struggle to keep my eyes open.  If I start to do some sort of work other than reading or paperwork, it's pretty easy for me to stay awake.  I don't have any problem with being tired or going to bed early, as I like to get up early in the morning in any case.  But sometimes it's nice to change things up and make a run to the store to keep myself awake, and to remind myself that there is life in the world after six o'clock.  Sometimes when we're dragging and we feel like we don't have any energy, one of the best things for us is to do something that takes energy and effort, and we may just be surprised at how much energy we find in ourselves when we do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment